"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Merry Christmas

What's that? It's too early to be Christmas? I totally agree. Unfortunately, Mother Nature isn't on my side... This morning, I woke up to this:


That's right! SNOW!!! It's not even supposed to let up for a while, 1-3 cm of snow TODAY.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE snow. Seriously, I do. I love playing in the snow, I love the white goodness. I love the crisp feeling under your feet. I love the coming of Halloween and Christmas. I love toboganning, skating, snowmen, hot chocolate. All the things that come with it. I actually even like shovelling snow (most of the time). I'm just not the biggest fan of it lasting 8 months. No breaks, nothing. 8 months of snowy goodness. Once it accumulates, we won't see the grass again until April and it won't be completely gone until May (or this year it was June). It's also much more difficult with 4 kids. Bundling them all up to drive as far as a whole 2 blocks. Sigh. But....here's to thinking positively!

The GOOD thing about Christmas coming today was that I got a present. I've been doing Weight Watchers since Friday. I started exercising on Monday as well and this morning I finally did the drop that I wanted. I'm down over 4 pounds!! HOORAY! That was a great present to receive on a Snowy Morning. Now I get to go have some more exercise by digging out the boots and snowpants! Hooray!

3 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

yetch. This snowy rainy weather ruined my family pictures... I'm a little bitter. but excited for winter also.

stone's eye view said...

Come Christmas we are gonna be HOT! And skinny.

Alanna said...

Congrats on the weight loss...not that anyone will notice while you wear your parka!