"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Weekend


I keep reading my friends blogs from in Utah where they are walking outside and they don't mention freezing. So jealous! We started conference weekend with a trip to the store. (I'm just not THAT good of a Mom to be able to sit through 4 sessions with my kids in cramped quarters). The kids were great and the best part was Saryn falling asleep on the way home. She slept for over 3 hours!! What a great break (for her and me).

After she woke up, Jarett and I took the kids on a walk. What?!? The kids were too cold with only their fall jackets on when we went to the store this morning? YES!! We had to dig up the winter coats and wear them. Frustrating. The rain started and it was cold - and I'm quite sure that I saw some with quite a white tint to them. Snow in October is NOT a strange thing. I'm just sad that it's coming so soon. In Edmonton it stays once it accumulates. Once the grass is hidden, it's gone for at least 6 months, sigh. I'm just glad there's no accumulation - just yet. I like to fall WAY too much. Regardless, my dear children looked SO sweet in their new jackets! I bought them a few months ago and I was so excited to see them finally wearing them.

Kienna wasn't super impressed for some reason, but even while crying she's super cute...

So Sunday comes around and it was WONDERFUL. I LOVE conference and was so excited to be able to sit and watch it. Kaia and Kienna had a list of 10 words that they got to circle whenever they heard it during Conference. I was surprised, they really did well. Kienna got frustrated by the end and Kaia was sitting right in front of the screen soaking it all up (determined not to miss a word) and they both got all 10 words!

I made wonderfully delicious Banana Muffins and then watched the second session sans kids. Jarett made a wonderful dinner and then headed off to a rehearsal while the kids and I did some wiggle removal exercises before bed. They were SO funny. After a few songs with Saryn, I whipped out the camera and then the older girls had to join. I swear that Saryn was born for the stage. She's such a little diva. We ended with a little Can Can on the piano. The kids LOVE it...look at them gathering around. Even little Jaymeson was bopping along! Kienna told me that a full Audience couldn't come, so I was their only Audient!


Before I post these videos I want to make a couple things clear:

1. PLEASE DO NOT feel pressure to watch all (or any) of these videos. I simply could not pick a favorite and so I have uploaded them all.

2. I do not put ANY of these ideas in my kids heads, they come up with it on their own. Saryn has a HUGE imagination. If she does the dance to what I say at the beginning it is only because she just told me what she was going to do and I'm filling you in on the subject of the performance.

3. If you don't recognize any of the songs it's because they are all originals. These are the world premiers of Saryn's songs, and Kaia and Kienna's stories!

Without further adieu.... the world premiers!!

Saryn's Princess Dance (Part I)

after running to save Jaymeson, it was continued...

Saryn's Princess Dance (Part II)


sorry for the crying at the beginning, Jaymeson was still recovering from the fall in Video I.

Saryn's Hippo Dance


Saryn's "Once There was a Little Tree in a Little Tree Forest"


So, next in line are:
Kaia's Story/Dance
Kienna's Story/Dance
Saryn's Mom and Dad Song AND
The Can Can (Grand Finale)

All put together (thank you Amelia) in one easy viewing:


Hope you enjoyed what you saw of our little (many) show(s)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i wanna hang out at your place, seems like that where the (dance)party is at!

Alanna said...

oh! that face on kienna outside...it's sooo sad! Why do we HAVE to live in Edmonton? she asks

Delcia said...

It's great you got this on camera because it's usually SOOO hard to get Saryn to perform!! Oh... and ask Kienna if I can be an "audient" too when you come to visit this weekend!

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

Your kids are SO cute!