"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cookie Monster, Pie Crust and an awesome Thanksgiving!

After eating dinner at my sister, Alanna's house, she offered some delicious cookies. My kids each had 2 throughout the night and when we were leaving Saryn asked for her second one. Jarett gave it to her and then Kaia asked

"Can I have my second cookie, too?"
"No, you've already had yours....."
"No I haven't!"
"Yes you did! (Kaia looking super embarassed) Why would you ask for your second when I KNOW that you've already had it?"
"Well, I didn't KNOW that you knew that."


Granted, the floor isn't a great place for a bag of bread.....but when the kids are no where around it's where it was put when the groceries were brought in. Kienna was walking around the kitchen in a path that would lead no where NEAR the bread, but when she saw it, she went over and stamped right in the middle of it. Just irresistible, I suppose. "Kienna, why would you do that?" "I don't know" (Anyone seen Bill Cosby "Himself"?!?)

Thanksgiving was WONDERFUL. Jarett turned 32 on Saturday! We had an incredible dinner at a Greek Restaurant in Calgary that just opened, Peki (it's where Santa Fe Grill used to be). I highly recommend the roast lamb that is there. We watched a couple movies over the weekend. My little nephew was blessed on Sunday and we had dinner at Alanna's house. Her in-laws, the Moodys, were there and it was so great to talk to them. They have recently returned from being mission president in Baltimore and are just incredible people. It was great to see them again. Monday was Thanksgiving Dinner and most of the day was dedicated to making it. It was fun to have just me and my mom in the kitchen for some of it. I got to make my first pie crust and make lots of rolls with Kienna and Saryn helping (I really was quite impressed with how good their rolls turned out). After dinner, pie and some fun conversation, we had to leave and head back to Edmonton. So sad.....but it was a GREAT weekend.

Sorry for the picture overload.....I MAY have gone a little picture happy (shocking, I know)!

Jarett opening his birthday present...a PS3 that will be returned soon....

Cousins - Jarom and Kaia.

A classic rivalry between my brother-in-law and my sister (not the one he married).....

Alanna and Dustin caught in a bonding moment

Jack and Jaymeson "sharing" a puzzle.

Travis showing his scary face....

The proud Grandma's

Nothing like a Grandma's love!

Our Thanksgiving Prayer.... (actually it was bed time and I came up to this as Jarett was getting them ready for bed....it was too classic looking, I had to grab my camera)

6 comments:

Christie said...

Good times.. I L - O- V- E that last picture!!!

Cindy Anderton said...

A PS3?? What a spoiled husband! I guess we need to come over so we can take advantage of his good fortune!

Alanna said...

I'm gonna have to grab quite a few of these pics Ash. You need to frame that last one!

Hayley said...

Is that Aunt Pauline in the picture with dad? Wish I could have been there for the blessing. And thanksgiving!

Ashley Dawn said...

Yep, Aunt Pauline flew over from Australia just for the blessing (well, that and to visit her mom in the hospital). It was really fun to see her again.

Alysha Sladek said...

why are you returning the ps3? holy smokes has jaymeson grown up! wow. cute pictures. sounds like a great thanksgiving