"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Repent.....

When my sister Hayley had the Swine Flu, Jarett sent this little note to her:

To support you, ever since I heard you got swine flu, I have boycotted ham completely, and only had a little bacon. Have you noticed anything weird going on with your body? Do you squeal or anything? Does food that has been thrown away look better to you? Do you find that you are throwing yourself in mud puddles more often than before? I totally know what you're going through - Once in Thailand I was as sick as a dog, and I kept on bringing my companion's slippers to him - it drove him crazy!

As funny as he thought he was.... he has a slightly different perspective on swine flu. I too, have sung a slightly different tune as I used to only call the swine flu "the Piggy Cold" and laughed when my friend called it Heine (HINI).

That's right, Swine Flu is rampantly flying through our house. It seems as though everyone has it by now. We took all the girls to the doctor yesterday and the only one that the doctor wasn't SURE had it was Kaia. She might have strep throat instead. We shall see when the swab comes back. I have been gradually feeling worse and Jarett even missed a day of school. This morning Mr Jay has woken up with a fever and some serious coughing and fussiness, too.

I still don't believe it's as bad as all the hype of the media has made it, but it's no laughing matter either. I repent of my light-heartedness...

Let's pray for a swift recovery!

5 comments:

Oler Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your guys are sick. I hope you all get feeling better soon!

LindsayB said...

oh that sucks to be so sick. i am going to line up and get the ol shot today. i have a feeling i'll be waiting for a while. please tell e the sickness is bad enough that it is worth it!

Brittany said...

I hope that you all have a fast recovery! I love you all!

Alanna said...

Sorry you're sick...but truly, you still have to admit that that note's HILARIOUS...kept on bringing my comp's slippers to him...ha ha ha...love it!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think that boy can be quite clever at times...
-g