"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jealousy?!?

I've been asked quite a few times a very legitimate question: How are your girls handling having a baby brother? Are they getting jealous? I think the following collage answers that question....

The only jealousy I see around my house right now is the jealousy of whomever is holding the baby. The biggest and cutest example of this is shown in the picture of Saryn holding Jaymeson. If you notice, he has a blanket in that picture that most people wouldn't have on a boy. This blanket is affectionately known as "Bankey Wowers". Saryn takes this blanket EVERYWHERE. She received it as a gift from my Granny and Aunty Beryl when she was a baby and is practically inseparable from it. In fact I might just do another collage of all the pictures with "Bankey Wowers" in it. Saryn LOVES this blanket. However, tonight as I put the kids to bed, Saryn said, "I share with baby" and she wrapped him in her favorite blanket. It literally moved me to tears. She was so willing to give the baby her very favorite thing because she thought it would make him happy. Whenever she holds him she looks at me happily and says, "He likes me!!" and she is so proud. What great older sisters she and the other girls are. I am so happy that they love the baby so much.

Jealousy?? No way!!





A Tribute to "Bankey Wowers"


7 comments:

Kimberly Anne said...

Aw Ashley! Bankey wowers! That's just the sweetest thing. :)

stone's eye view said...

That is awesome they are all so in love. I am the jealous one!

Oler Family said...

That is so cute that they love him so much! I feel sorry for the first girlfriend he has...they will be so protective!

Alysha Sladek said...

cute pictures. and i just read your previous post... poor kid and poor you! i hope the whole hernia thing gets fixed quickly. he is a super cute little guy! and i'm glad things went fast (and no induction) for you!

Susie said...

I love that! Right now they are smothering him with kisses & love but wait soon it will be the princess dress ups, barbies and more. He is so sweet.

Marilee said...

Congratulations you guys! Jaymeson Lervae. It has a nice ring to it. Lervae is a great middle name isn't it?

It looks like everyone is happy happy happy!!!!

Jordana said...

Aaaw, what a sweet post! Jayna has her own special blankie and so I can totally relate. What a lucky little guy with 3 sweet sisters!