"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, October 10, 2008

Update #1

A Day at the Park and My Little Violinist

So, I'm going to have to have a series of posts that can allow me to update you to the months that my computer was acting up. I have so many pictures and random things that I've been wanting to put on here, that I'm going to start doing this now and slowly catch up. So here goes.

One Sunday afternoon, we decided to head to a park nearby the house (actually at the school where Kaia is now attending). I happened to have the camera there, so we took some pictures.
Kaia made strides in her monkey bars and zip lines. She could go across without help and started coming back (kinda up hill). Kienna, who is always a little more nervous came leaps and bounds with some of the wobbly bridges (but did fall down and have to have a break). Both of them have come a long way with pumping in the swings. Saryn blew Jarett and I away by climbing up a ridiculously spaced ladder at no angle whatsoever. Jarett pushed the girls on the tire swing and helped them dig with the digger truck (yes, I need a boy, I don't know the names of these things). It was a super fun outing, one of those days that I'm just super glad that I brought my camera along.










The next update I've referred to in my series of firsts....Kaia started violin. This is her with her brand new violin. She hadn't learned to hold it or anything....this is just what she learned at the store. She was SO excited. The lady walked her through all the things you need to do to properly take care of the violin. At the end, she asked if Kaia had any questions. "Yes, can I play it now?" Anyway, here's the pictures of Kaia being super excited with her brand new violin.




Kienna was sad when we left that we weren't getting her a cello. She has said that she wants to play a cello for over a year, but I've told her that she has to wait until she's 5 to start cello lessons. As we were leaving she said:
"Mom, we didn't get MY cello."
"Oh honey, we're not getting a cello until next year."
"Um, okay, I'll play the violin."
"You can play whatever you want, but we're not going to have any lessons until next year. Do you want to play the violin or the cello?"
"Um, the cello!"
So we'll be back next year picking up the cello so she can play it like Granni Cahoon.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Kaia looks so cute with her little violin. She'll have to play in our Christmas Eve program...I'm sure she at least be better than our flute trio with clarinet performance a couple years ago by then--sorry Kaia...I'm not giving you enough credit.

Oh, Ash, don't feel bad...I'd call it a digger thing too. At first I thought you meant dump truck...but that's not it.

Hayley said...

I am so jealous! You are actually working on your string quartet!!..with kids learning instruments and stuff....I don't have kids with instruments....not even kids...or one on the way...Or a husband. Or an upcoming wedding...The point is, I've got a long, long way to go! And although you may not yet be reaping any benefits, you are definitely getting a lot closer! I'm so jealous!! haha.