"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Update #5 - Saryn's 2nd Birthday Party

When we were in Calgary over the Labour Day long weekend, we celebrated Saryn's birthday with both of our families there. It was super fun and she got spoiled rotten. Maybe that's why she's so fully into her terrible 2's. We had a great party and she's such a sweet girl. My little princess....in every way.

The cake (obviously I slaved over this one for hours.....)

The Grandkids around the cake

My sweet little angel girl....

All the grandkids that were there (missing Levi and Enoch - again)

Kaia wrapped this present all by herself and she was SO proud of herself.

Saryn holding some of her loot.

As you can tell, it was a joint birthday party/maul the new puppy celebration. Granny Cahoon and Marella had their new dog, Kuma, at the party and my gorgeous nieces all fought over her.

6 comments:

Oler Family said...

What a cute birthday! I think the cake is adorable!!

ZogLady said...

Oh wow! What a special birthday to have so much family around! Happy (belated) Birthday!!!

Laura Leavitt said...

Her cake looks so yummy. I can't beleive she is two.

Heather said...

I think your cake is fabulous! And I bet they loved all the choc candies all over it!

Alanna said...

Ashley! I am so pleased that you did put the smarties in the rainbow order--at least for the two. I was able to use that conversation in my RS lesson about perfection the following sunday. Very cute!
-Alanna

Hayley said...

I love smarties on Chocolate cakes...I've already made a few of them down here at school and I am sure that there are many more coming in the future. It looks so cute! And so does Saryn!! And Everyone else...haha. I'm pretty sure I have the cutest nieces ever!