"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Kids On Christmas

We Decorated for Christmas yesterday and I guess that has put everyone in the Christmas mood. The Girls have made the following comments that cracked me up:

Kaia: Mom, What did the wisemen bring to Jesus? I can only remember Frankincense and Myrrh.
(Out of all the gifts, she forgets gold....but can remember Frankincense and Myrrh?)

Kienna: Mom, Santa is a big, fat guy....I won't tell him that though.
(Apparently we've stressed that it's important not to point out to people when they're fat)

Saryn (while showing me a wiseman): This is a bad guy.
(while grabbing your hand and dragging you over to the nativity set): Come see the animals....

Kaia and Kienna were playing with the nativity set and Kaia says to Kienna: okay, you're the angel - so you have to say, "Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people." because that's what it says in the baby Jesus being born video (Joy to the World).

Saryn was just as cute as can be playing with the "toys" aka the nativity set. She was literally jumping up and down as we unpacked them. (It actually is a little people nativity set....a great invention and present from my favorite mother-in-law).

Check it out...

3 comments:

Alanna said...

You do such a fine job of teaching your children good manners...but now I wonder what they really think of me...jk.

Brittany said...

So cute! I am still a little confused why Saryn thinks that the wisemen are bad guys.

Jordana said...

That is too cute, your girls are so sweet! I can see why they love playing with that, Jayna would love that! Good gift idea for this year.