"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Follow-up

I just wanted to tell all of you that I really appreciate your prayers and support through this surgery. All went well and I truly feel so blessed for being in this country with the doctors and nurses and equipment and knowledge that we have. Everything went so smoothly and we had such a great experience. Little Jaymeson slept a lot at first, but now he seems completely back to normal and things are going great. He doesn't even have any external stitches, just the surgical tape, so I can still bathe him and change his diaper etc. without any worry. I feel so fortunate for all that I have and I'm so grateful that, although it's not fun, it wasn't a big deal and that I don't have to worry anymore. How grateful I am for his overall health and that all of this will soon just be a memory. Thank you all again for your love and support.

Some pictures....

Jaymeson in his first set of scrubs. It was a little surgical dress, but he looked like a little doctor.




Right when I saw him afterwards. He wasn't awake yet.


My handsome little man.


His IV had a plastic tent covering to make sure he didn't yank it out by accident. I thought it totally looks like the plastic hand covering David Duchovny "the hand model"'s hand in Zoolander. It made me laugh.


My sleeping angel.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

what a sweet little guy - I pray that I never have to deal with a child in the hospital beyond what I have already endured with my premie baby

Ashley Smith said...

We're glad that everything went well. He is so precious.

p.s. my mom would like to be able to look at your blog. dscraig@shaw.ca

Ashley Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alanna said...

Ashley, he's so cute. It's so good that they can do these things at a time that they'll eventually forgot...but you sure still feel sorry for them at the time. It doesn't feel fair that these poor little ones have to be put through so much grief when they're so innocent. I'm so glad all is well now! Love ya.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

so gald that all went well!

Hayley said...

I like the scrubs comment. He totally will be a doctor one day! That's my vote anyway...ha. I'm so glad he's doing so well!

stone's eye view said...

I am glad everything went well. It was funny, when I was looking at the pictures I was expecting his eyes to be all puffy from surgery... but it was a different one than Levi's, naturally.
I CANT WAIT TO MEET HIM!!