"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Day Off

My parents were angels on Saturday and took my kids ALL DAY so that Jarett and I could get in some Christmas Shopping (one of the things that has becoming a little harder since home school started).  We were able to do the WHOLE mall, Walmart, Superstore and Costco.  We also went to the Home Schooling store and Jarett had an hour long massage while I read and relaxed on the couch.  We had a lunch date, a cinnamon bun and many other naughty things that made us keep saying, "Hmmm, why do we have weight problems?"  I couldn't believe how much fun it was to just have some good, quality time with my husband sans kids.  It's been TOO long.

And what did the kids do??
The kids had a blast seeing Cars 2.  They went to a football game of my cousins (provincials) and did some Christmas shopping of their own with Gran and Grampa!  It was FABULOUS for all those involved. 

THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!  (what would I do without you??)

Just a home schooling thought for me to have written down to reflect on:

"Everyone is a genius! But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."  --Albert Einstein

1 comment:

Alanna said...

To answer your question... "what would I do without you??"
I'd do what I do... suffer, suffer, suffer! Ha ha! No, but it does make it trickier. It IS so nice to have Mom and Dad close!
Love your fish quote too!