"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, December 10, 2009

We Love Daddy

Today I woke up for the third time around 7 to Saryn crying. Usually this causes me to groan, roll my eyes and roll over trying to go back to sleep, because it's whining and asking for something or she's just tired and cranky, but this cry had a really sincerely sad sound to it. It nearly broke my heart to hear her so sad.

"Saryn, why are you so sad?"
"Because Daddy's gone..."
"Oh, do you miss Daddy?"
"Yeah, SO much..."

I know this past month of studying for finals has been hard on me. I've missed Jarett desperately and have a whole new sympathy for single mothers, but I realized this morning how hard it has been on the kids too. They go for days without seeing Jarett because he's gone by 7 every morning and doesn't get home until well after 10 most nights. In fact, I have started waking up earlier and staying up later just so I can get a little bit of Jarett time in. Now my kids are waking up in the night just to give him a hug. They sure love their Daddy! He's been sorely missed around here. Sigh, one more week...

PS - Kienna was caught with another water bottle in hand today. I told her that if I caught her with ONE more water bottle she was going to be in BIG trouble! Consoling me, she told me I didn't have to worry about that because there weren't any left! Why didn't THAT help me feel happier?

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Finals are the worst! You only have one more set to go through after this! Hooray! This is my last finals week...for me! But Troy has many, many, many more. So sad.

April said...

hang in there!!

Alanna said...

You've done it so long, I know you can last one more week! Good luck to you, your kids and Jarett!

And ha ha ha...about the water. Too funny!

Laura Leavitt said...

having Darren go back to school and being gone most the time has been way harder on the kids. Kienna is so funny.