"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thirsty??

Kaia is sick. It's very rare that she EVER gets sick and even more rare that she doesn't want to go to school. So she's home sick with a cold... I had that cold last week and so I'm really sensitive to how she is feeling. This in mind, I was snuggling with her and comforting her while Jaymeson is asleep and left Kienna and Saryn to play in the basement for about 10 minutes. I told Kaia I'd be right back and went down to check on them quickly. As I walked through the kitchen I hear water splashing. The kids laugh and start walking up the stairs to see me standing at the top. Here is what I see.....(I took this picture later)

Please note the water on Kienna's shirt. This is NOTHING compared to the water drowning her pants! Then I continued downstairs to see a puddle on the floor with about 4 books. Of ALL the places in my house to have water on the floor, this is the worst. We have a HUGE rug in the basement and therefore, it's the only place in our house with carpet. Cleaning up a puddle on linoleum isn't that big of a deal.....carpet is a whole other story. How big of a puddle you ask? Well, you do the math....


The orange juice was consumed (luckily), but all the water contributed to the puddle on the carpet. Hope no one was thirsty and needed the water.

"Kienna! Why did you do that?"
"Because I LIKE playing with water!"
"But don't you realize how sad that makes Mommy?"
"Yeah...."
"So why do you do it? Do you like it so much that no matter what toys it ruins, no matter how much work it takes to fix, no matter how sad it will make me, it's worth it?"
"Yes!"

There's no doubt. That girl LOVES water..... Any suggestions on how to break the addiction?

4 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

hahah oh dear! it's amazing what they can "accomplish" in such a short time!

stone's eye view said...

Yikes. Kienna looks 15 in that picture. Her "new" hair is so grown up. I love that these two seem to egg one another on and get into trouble.

Mackenzie Richards said...

The look on Kienna's face is awesome - 'BUSTED!' I don't really have any tips as to how to stop it. Good luck!

Alanna said...

oh no! Your kids must be related to mine!