"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Presents and Surprises are ALWAYS good...

This weekend was FULL of goodness. We had a bridal shower for my sister. Her two big gifts were from my sister, Alanna:

Yep, a full queen sized quilt. It's amazing! I wish you could see the intricate stitching on it, it's AMAZING!!

Then Aunty Beryl gave Hayley a cross-stitch of the Cardston Temple. It's the same thing she made for my wedding and my sister, Alanna. The poem is so awesome, I read it frequently!

Whenever Aunty Beryl and Granny come to town, you always seem to get spoiled. Some of the "little things" from this time are:

A little toque for Jaymeson and myself....
a nativity set... Granny made the figures, I sanded them and added the hemp twine.


Granny Jubber also surprised Kaia with a knitting lesson! It was SO much fun to watch that I eventually joined in and got a lesson for myself.


Hayley showed us her big gift from Troy: Isn't it gorgeous?


More wedding type presents came as the Flower Girl Dresses and Bridesmaid Dresses were tried on. Granny Jubber made some capes for them too!
some of them got fittings too!

Jaymeson also got a baby gift from a good friend. Could it be a more appropriate pattern for my little monkey?

My mom also surprised everyone by taking out the Christmas decorations. We all got to decorate together and it was SO much fun!



Jaymeson was so overwhelmed by all the nice surprises that he started to look everywhere for them:

in the laundry room:
down the stairs:In the bathroom:
but at the end of the day, if anyone looked at him, he'd run back to me and hug my legs:

Finally he found some surprises at Jack's birthday Party!!

It was a Peter Pan Party and they sure had fun....and the cake was GREAT!





Well, after a weekend with that many fun surprises, I had to get ONE not so pleasant one. As I was unpacking the day after we got home, Saryn says, "Mom, I'm down here" (you knew it had to involve Saryn, didn't you?) So, I went downstairs and she was up on a dresser eating her 3rd pudding, her 2nd juice box and couldn't get down. I was really impressed with her "cup holder". Really made me laugh. What a little monkey.....



My mechanic had also given me a "not so good" surprise this weekend. Apparently some mice had decided that our air filter was the best spot for their nest. At least he found it and not me, right?

8 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

wow how fun! besides the mice (and saryn's "snack") those are all great. those dresses are beautiful.

Alanna said...

I love it when you come visit! Not so crazy bout my Peter Pan picture...but everything else is great memories! Hopefully next year, weekends like this will be EVERY weekend!

Hayley said...

I like Alanna's Peter Pan picture... I love seeing all the pictures. I wish I was still at home!

Marilee said...

Where did your mom find that santa toilet lid? We used to have one made out of felt but it got runied in a flood.

stone's eye view said...

Peter Pan theme, what a great idea!

Yeah for Hayley! That's coming quick.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

the dresses are gorgeous!! And that alligator cake.. I want it! How brilliant! I shouldn't have expected anything less. You guys always have great cakes!

Laura Leavitt said...

you ladies always have so much fun. You have a family that people dream of. I LOVE LOVE the dresses!

Kim Hughes said...

Yikes! I hate mice.

Other than that, it sounds like you had a weekend that would be hard to forget. Isn't it awesome having a ton of sisters?