"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Laughs for the Day

In prayer:
Saryn: Thank you that Mommy got married in the temple and thank you that she married Daddy...

Kienna: Thank you that Mommy is such a good cook, please help her keep getting better and better. (This has become a frequent in her prayers at meals AND bedtime).

Kienna: 'O' is a cool letter.
Mom: Why?
Kienna: Because no matter which way you turn it, it's still an 'O'


Kienna: I was crying at school today...
Mom: Why, hon?!?
Kienna: Because someone moved into the morning Kindergarten
Mom: Who?
Kienna: Nicholas...
Mom: Wait, isn't Nicholas the boy you didn't like?
Kienna: Well, yeah, but I still liked him even though he was really mean...


Mom: Why do you guys make such a big mess?!?
Saryn: Because, I just like to make things....

I needed Saryn's laugh today because it was shortly after I discovered that she had unraveled Kaia's knitting that she's been working so hard on, took one of the needles and poked a hole into the seat of our stationary bike and the other one was in our water cooler bottle. Sometimes humor can save lives...

Yesterday, for example, I needed a good laugh after my van wouldn't start until we had missed Kaia's hearing screening, Kienna's cello lesson and school. Luckily a friend of mine picked the girls up and took them to the afternoon, and then came over and boosted my car so that I could take Jarett a key to his locker (he had locked his keys in his locker). The van was SO cold that I had to stop and re-scrape the windows at every stop light. Thankfully, my cousin was over so I didn't have to bring my kids with me. It was C-O-L-D!!!

Anyway, so yesterday I needed a laugh. I put on my favorite comedy these days, Brian Regan: I Walked on the Moon!, (this is only the very end) had popcorn and enjoyed a good hour with my cousin! I highly recommend this for stress therapy. It was ALL that I needed.... :)

On the other hand, Saryn just came and patted my stomach and looked at me all excited,

"Mom, I think you have a baby girl in there...."

I don't know what amount of humour is needed to get her out of trouble this time...

6 comments:

Marilee said...

C O L D is right! And to have to do those errands with kids, I can't imagine. You just keep on keepin on Ashley. Where do you get your energy? I have probably forgotten what energy I used to have!

Mackenzie Richards said...

Saryn KILLS me!! She is one funny kid. Wait til she's a teenager....

Alysha Sladek said...

those are hilarious!!! and it's FREEEEEZiNG!!!

Alanna said...

Oh cute little Kienna who is sad when the mean boy moves out of the class. She's lovin' her enemies, eh?
And so...was that an announcement? Hmm... I'm assuming not. You couldn't take the time to write a post before you just called me and blurted it out. Right?

Ariana said...

Your kids are great Ashley! I laughed out loud a few times while reading this! Thank goodness for humour to get you through those kind of days!

Hayley said...

That was very observant of Kaia about the letter "O". They are so funny.