"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Favorite Picture....

I was browsing through a book at Costco and a picture captured my eye. I actually began to cry right in the book aisle. It was SO touching. I have always been SO touched by the sacrifice of soldiers, especially ones leaving wife and children behind. What a gripping moment to have a photograph capture. Apparently it's a famous picture, but it was my first time seeing it and I will NEVER forget it.

8 comments:

stone's eye view said...

Wo. That was a lot of reading. Bar none my fav was Kienna's art. lol

Marilee said...

What are you coming down for? I would say come and crash, but Clark, Brad, Laurel, and Michelle are pulling in late Friday and sorry to say that every room is spoken for. Next year?

stone's eye view said...

re: the hiding place, I guarantee you'll love it

Laura Leavitt said...

sniff....thanks for sharing that. IT was touching. The Hiding Place is really good.

April said...

Wow, that really is touching. thanks for sharing

Becky said...

Beautiful!

Brandy said...

i saw the same pic... and seriously wanted to frame it... but i don't want to cry every time i look at it!

Alanna said...

Oh, that's a good one! Cute kid! I feel for the mom.