"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Saturday, March 28, 2009

She Did It!!


Kaia went to the dentist last week and she had a great check-up....the only problem was that she had 2 cavities. So we got to go back on Wednesday and have the cavities filled. One on each side of the mouth, so she had to get frozen on both sides. Two Needles!! She doesn't do well with pain, so I was SO nervous. Our dentist was SO good and he distracted her enough to get the first needle in. Once she decided that she didn't like that, she refused to let them do the second needle. Once promised that she could have a prize after the second needle AND after the fillings, she consented to let them do it. I was so proud. She did a wonderful job and there have been no complications. She made such a wonderful little chipmunk. Aren't you just so proud of her??

9 comments:

Oler Family said...

What a big girl! Did she get a magnet? haha!

Laura Leavitt said...

that is fantastic! Little kids that age can be really scared and have to be put under...so I am so proud of her! She is an incredible little girl though....so I am not surprised.

Alanna said...

Oh Kaia. Before I read the post I couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with the picture...it didn't quite look like Kaia! But know I get it...way to go girl!

Alysha Sladek said...

brave girl. I HATE NEEDLES!!! and i HATE going to the dentist. I actually have huge anxiety just thinking about it!

Brittany said...

Wow Kaia! That is very scary! Kaia is very beautiful even as a chipmunk!

Hayley said...

Awww...what a cute little chipmunk...Today is a dentist day SERIOUSLY...

Unknown said...

is my brother your dentist? I might be lost though as to whether or not you still live there. Yay! it's a big deal when your that young to have anything done on your teeth, especially needles

Becky said...

Awesome job! The dentist can be a little scary! I don't look forward to the day cavities show up! Yuck!

Marvelous Marvel said...

Yeah Kaia!!