"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Jordana Fitzner - come on down.....

This is the name of Kienna's primary teacher.....and a reader of my blog, so HELLO JORDANA!! I just thought I'd write a little blog for you. Kienna LOVES Sister Fitzner (as read in her journal entry). She talks about her all the time. Sister Fitzner said this, or Sister Fitzner did that. She EVEN knows King Benjamin because she brought him to class!! (I'm pretty sure this was her husband or father-in-law dressed up as King Benjamin, but Kienna is SURE that he was the real deal. Kienna says in her prayers how thankful she is for Sister Fitzner and always LOVES going to Primary. In fact, Sister Fitzner gave her a Christmas Present last year and it had a sweet little note in amoung some other fun things in a can (that is used as a treasure chest). This note is Kienna's favorite night time "story". It simply says,

Dear Kienna,
I love having you in our Primary class. You have such a sweet smile and love to answer questions. Thanks for giving me big hugs! Merry Christmas!
Love,
Sister Fitzner


Last week (remember that this is the day after we got the "motivation items") Kienna said the prayer in primary. Jordana told me that she said in her Primary class' prayer, "Please help me to not wet the bed so that I can get my Cinderella". So funny.

Yesterday, Kaia pulled out an Activities book. It had an idea to make a Christmas Cracker...you know, the kind that you pull on both ends and it pops open. Kienna just HAD to make one for Sister Fitzner. She worked on it SO hard and was just about to tie up the second end when she realized she had to put something IN it. She had realized that one of her paint pens had dried up and she was SURE that Sister Fitzner would want that - so in it went. Somehow that just wasn't enough, so Kienna inserted a magnet she had received from this weeks visit to the dentist (more to come on that later). Isn't that sweet?? Now, it might sound very sweet, but there is a slight awkward part. Jordana's husband is also a dentist. They moved into the ward after we already had THIS dentist, so we have never gone to him. I suppose that every dentist still needs another dentist though, right? Now they have the phone number for another dentist in the ward. I probably would have tried to sneak the magnet out, but Kienna was SO excited about giving it to her and just couldn't be talked out of it. Luckily Jordana has a great sense of humour and I'm sure is laughing right now about the irony of the whole situation.

Thank you Jordana for all that you do. It sure makes all the difference in the world to have a GREAT Primary Teacher. We sure love you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute! its awesome when your kids love their teachers eh!!!

Jordana said...

Oh my goodness, this post was making me tear up! I totally was laughing at the magnet she gave me! And tell her Thank you so much the present, I love it. This post is the reason why I love being in Primary (name one sister in RS who loves their teacher this much)! I really love having Kienna in my class, she is always so good and such a sweetheart! This post meant a lot to me, thank you!

Jordana said...

P.S. Yes Cassandra is my sister. How do you know her?

Heather said...

Jordana is the kind of teacher EVERY child needs. What a blessing--I'm so impressed. I am still laughing about the dentist magnet. So funny, but so sweet!

Oler Family said...

Sister Fitzner is the best! Olivia loves her so much too! She was so excited to tell me after church that Sister Fitzner liked her dress. She really goes the extra mile to make the kids feel loved and special. I'm lucky to have her as a friend too! I love the magnet story...that is hilarious!

Alanna said...

Ashley, I was cracking up throughout! I love the prayer in Primary... maybe your next FHE could be on different times that we pray... and what makes them different. Too funny.

I also love the dried up marker and magnet...hilarious!