"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Making a Record

That was the topic of our most recent FHE. We read about how Nephi kept a record on the plates and how we have been told to keep our own record in our day. We call these records "Journals". Kaia responded right away...."but Mom, I don't have a Journal". Typical Kaia. She had to have a way of being obedient. You just can't break rules. You can only imagine their excitement when I pulled out from behind me the journals that I had been keeping (VERY spuradically) since they were born. I showed them a few things that Jarett and I have written in there and they were super excited. We decided to ask them a few questions and write down their responses. Jarett took Kaia and I took Kienna and we had some "Journal time". Saryn went back and forth between the journals and the piano and Jaymeson had no idea what was going on. We have to get them Journals soon (this might show just how spuradically we write).

Anyway, these were their responses.

This is Kaia's journal. She enjoyed this so much that she has written more just by herself. This is what Jarett asked and then her responses:

Favorite Part of Church?
Ummm, learning in Primary and singing songs.
Why?
Because Princesses love to sing.

Favourite Part of School?
Going on Field Trips and when Mommy comes.
Why?
It makes me happy because it is fun.

Me and you went camping (talking about Jarett and her)
Why did you like it?
Cuz' then I got to have time with just me and one other person.

Favourite songs?
Alien french song, Whenever I hear, I am a Child of God, I Wonder When He Comes Again, Mother Kneeling.

Oh, I love doing my heart thing (this is a latch-hooking kit).

Favorite Food?
Apples and Oranges, Ham, Candy.

Favorite Movie?
Disney - Tinkerbell
About Heavenly Father - The one about the Pioneers (Legacy?)

Favorite thing about Violin Lessons?
Doing scales

My favourite things about Kienna are:
I like Playing Barbies
I like Playing dress-ups
I like doing crafts with Kienna
That's all about Kienna

Something that I like is I like going swimming. I like doing crafts.

KAIA CAHOON

Then added a couple days later:

Favourite Part of Winter:
Playing in the snow, building a snowman, making crystals, drawing in the snow and making snow angels.
And now I want to write my favourite candy:
chocolates, lollipops, cookies, popcorn, cheese and crackers.
My favourite part of Jesus:
He created us, He created the World, He can do miracles.
My favorite part of summer:
(she wrote this part)
Peking flowrs playing outside going out for a wack.

Kaia


Kienna's journal was done a little bit differently. I just asked her what she would like to say and then wrote her responses. Here are her words:

We are having Family Home Evening. I love my family but mostly Jaymeson because he's a baby.

My favorite game is checkers because I want to learn how to play. (I have never played it).

My favorite part of church is learning songs in primary. My favorite song goes like this "I love Mommy, she loves me, We love Daddy, yes-siree. He loves us and so you see, we are a happy family." I also love I love to See the Temple because it's about the temple and I've never been there before. I want to go someday.

I love holding Jaymeson. And I love kissing him and hugging him.

I love dancing with Saryn and when she plays the piano (you remember she was playing the piano at the time). I play Barbie's with Saryn while Kaia is at school. I love when Saryn gives me hugs.

I love playing house with Kaia. (Mother/Daughter). Kaia is usually the Mom and I'm the daughter.

I love to eat apples with cheese, oranges, peppers (bell peppers), and sometimes even snow - is that silly?. I also love Juice and Milk.

I love dancing with my Dad like he's the prince and I'm the princess.

I love snuggling with people and eating candy. My favorite colour is purple and my favorite movie is the Little Mermaid.

I love to colour pictures and hang them up on the wall in my room.

My teacher is Sis. Fitzner. She gives me candy snacks. She has taught me about princesses. Last year I was a Sunbeam and now I'm a CTR 5.

My favourite colour for curtains is white and curly.

Jaymeson always punches me and it makes him laugh.....but it hurts me......it really does!

Kienna

5 comments:

Alanna said...

This is a great FHE idea! My favorite has got to be "My favourite colour for curtains is white and curly." Who thinks of that?

Jordana said...

That is so cute, I love recording things like that...priceless! The funny thing about that is I was just thinking the other day that I'm not a very nice primary teacher because I don't think I've EVER brought them treats. But at least Kienna thinks I did, maybe the other kids do too, ha ha!

Hayley said...

So cute! I love how kids have so much to say about their lives!

Heather said...

That's a great idea. I'll have to try that.

Brittany said...

I think that this might be one of my favorite post of yours! This is such a good idea!