"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Serves Me Right....

What do Lotion, Shampoo, Conditioner, Vicks Vapo-Rub, soap and exfoliant all have in common??

No, this isn't the beginning of a very bad joke. It, infact, isn't a joke at all. The answer is simply: These are all things that Saryn was able to get into and smear all over her hands and then follow by placing her hands in her mouth while her mom was typing up the previous blogs.

I suppose it serves me right for blogging. I kept an eye on her for all but 5 minutes. I guess 5 minutes is all it takes. Sigh. The punishment?? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The look on her face when she put her hand, full of Vicks' Vapo-Rub, in her mouth showed that she did not need a punishment.... she will NEVER do that again.

6 comments:

Kim Hughes said...

That's too funny. I bet she'll breathe easy tonight and have some nice breath for days to come.

Alanna said...

yikes! between Kienna's tic tacs up the nose and Saryn's edible Vick's, none of your kids are gonna like that minty fresh feeling very long!

Laura Leavitt said...

that is sooooo funny. Not for you I am sure. I can't even imagine sweet Little Saryn doing that.

Hayley said...

Gross...that is to many items at once. You'd think that 2 or even 3 would be enough entertainment...

Heather said...

I love the comments. What a good laugh. I'm still waiting for Brooklyn to put an end to her mouth tendencies...

Marilee said...

When my daughter Laurel (now 20) was almost 2 she found the can of Crisco shortening and smeared it all over herself AND the carpet....of a rental. Dish soap worked wonders!