"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Whenever I Hear...

Whenever I hear the song of a bird, or look at the blue, blue sky;
Whenever I feel the rain on my face, or the wind as it rushes by;
Whenever I touch a velvet rose, or walk by our lilac tree;
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me.

This primary song is one of my very favorites and I've sung it to my kids as they go to bed for years.  I was just singing it to Lanaya when Saryn reminded me that about a year ago, Benson would cry whenever he heard the song because it meant it was time for bed.  
I remember having some family over when It was bedtime and Jarett said, "Do you want to see me make him cry?"
My sister Hayley said she was wondering what he would be willing to do to make his child cry instantly.  Of course, he just started singing this song.  :)

1 comment:

Alanna said...

What a mean Dad--singing primary songs to his kids. So funny!