"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Brothers to the rescue!

Lanaya was fussing this morning.  I swaddled her and was rocking her to sleep.  Benson runs in with his special monkey blanket and says, "She just needs my blanky Mama.  She surely do." He proceeded to spread it out on the floor so I could wrap her in it.  Believe it or not, she calmed down immediately.  He knows what she needs!

In the monkey blanket...fast asleep within a couple minutes!

A couple days ago, I was video taping Lanaya and she started to fuss.  I was about to turn off the camera to pick her up and realized that Jaymeson started singing to soothe her.  I decided to video tape it.  He made up a lullabye just for her!!  It even started to calm her down (although it started to bring me to tears).  It goes something along these lines (he's sung it a few times since and it gets different added parts each time).

You don't need to cry - The Lord loves you.  You don't need to cry because Jesus does too.  You don't need to cry because The Lord and Jesus love you!


Also, this morning Jaymeson picked out a dress for Lanaya to wear.  As I was about to put it on I heard his same to her, "Prepare to be beautiful!"  He's so sweet.

I "surely" love my boys!

1 comment:

Alanna said...

That Benson with his "surely" and that Jaymeson with his lullabyes and "Prepare to be beautiful". They are too much!