"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Flathead Lake

For a good seven years now, Jarett's parents and descendents have gone to Kalispell area for a week as a family and we've always had a blast!  This year was no exception.   Camping near Polson has always been a highlight for all my kids, Jarett and myself.  It was a little harder this year with a 6 week old baby, but she did well enough.  If I was to do it again, I probably would've stayed home, but I still had a lot of fun.

Jarett was in the lake swimming more than anyone else.  He swam "lengths", bathed, surfed, tubed and played as much as possible.  Actually, one time Jaymeson was watching Jarett and commented "Wow Dad, you're a pretty good swimmer for your age!"  Luckily Jarett was a little too far out to hear, but I laughed pretty hard.

The kids all loved playing with their cousins and I loved visiting with all the women (and beating them all in an arm wrestle). 

One highlight that will be reflected on for years to come will be the hail storm that came in so fast that it caught people under the camp shelter (time roof and wooden pillars) and in the boat.  I was nursing at the picnic table and couldn't move (soon was protected by my mother-in-law and Jarett).  The people in the boat had some kids screaming, some laughing and some certain they weren't going to make it.  The men held the tube over everyone and tried to calm them until the storm passed.  Luckily, everyone was just fine and besides a little flash flood through a couple tents, all was perfectly fine!

I'm looking forward to next years retreat even more as I'll be a more active participant, but being forced to sit, watch and read isn't that bad either.  Love this family that I married into!!

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Jarett is getting up there in age alright. From the mouth of babes.