"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Best Kind of Mornings

My kids really make or break my mornings. The expression says, "If mom ain't happy, nobody's happy". But I think a more accurate one might be, "if the kids wake up grumpy, mom will be grumpy". And that is regardless if how she felt before they wake up.

Today, however, has been absolute bliss! I woke up a little later than usual and Jarett made extra eggs for me. Then my sweet baby Benson woke up and just wanted to snuggle on my lap with me. I made him a quick breakfast and he was just so sweet and tender and excited about it all.
Then my sweet Jaymeson walks down the stairs, gives me a hug and sits down. I ask him what he wants for breakfast. He says, "I want Mini-Wheats, especially if you can give me a double!" While I'm pouring it in, praying there's a double, Jay asks me, "mom can I please go potty?"
"Of course Jay!" "Thanks Mom! You're the best Mommy ever!"

Sigh, perfection. It's what every mom wants to hear at some point.
Jaymeson showing my how big a "28 double" is

Jay DOES get a double mini-wheat (which he informs me is a "28 double" and thanks me profusely for). Gives me a hug and moves to the family room to play air hockey with Benson! I love seeing my boys play together.


At this point, I sat down I write the blog. My girls are stirring upstairs, and Saryn comes down, bed made, clothes on and gives me a shoulder rub to say hi. She loves to give shoulder ribs these days. It's such a sweet and tender way of hers. I love it. Sigh.

Well, laundry awaits and I need to get my older two up and at it. The weather is supposed to be nice today, so I think I'm going to go on a run and push my boys in the stroller.

Bliss I tell you! I hope today keeps going the way it has - and that all mornings could be even close to this good!






Oh, and Kaia came down for her bowl of mini-wheats... a triple.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

What a great day!!! Thanks or letting me be a part of it.

Alanna said...

Cheers for great days! So much is in your attitude in noticing the little things--so kudos to you!

Beryl Shoekel said...

So happy you had such a great day Ash! You deserve it after all you do. Those little people have so much power to make you happy or sad. They are such special little children and I pray they will always bring you joy and happiness throughout your life.
Love you all!
Aunty Beryl