"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Some tender thoughts...

I had a good cry last night.  I was remembering Grampa and missing him quite a bit.  He would have turned 90 years old today and I think I'll be humming "Beautiful Dreamer" the whole day.  He truly is a great man!  I am hoping to celebrate his 90th birthday the way he (more than likely) would have - at his favorite place, the temple.  Love you Grampa - miss you TONS!

With Kienna

At Hayley's Wedding - with Gran and Aunty Beryl

Kaia playing her violin for him - he also played

With my five kids!

With Benson Melvin Cahoon (named after him)

3 comments:

Alanna said...

I missed him on Thursday too! I haven't seen those pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Brittany said...

I haven't seen those pictures either. I also found myself singing beautiful dreamer on Grandpa's birthday. I miss him. I was impressed by Kaia today, she told me how much she liked Kienna's new jewelry box because it plays Grandpa Jubber's song

Beryl Shoekel said...

How touching it was to read this, Gran said it makes her so happy to think that you all remember him with such warm feelings. These pictures are precious also!
I'm sure he is thinking of you all with love and watching over everyone.
He would be so grateful to know you are all thinking of him lovingly.
I'm sure he is preparing a place for everyone, remember he always said he wanted "NO EMPTRY SEATS"
Touching post!
Gran and Aunty Beryl