"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, March 15, 2013

An iPhone Blog

I just put 2 and 2 together and transferred my videos and pictures from my iPhone onto my computer.  (Well done Ashley!  Now you might have some free memory on your iPhone.)

Today has been fun.  Started with "Story of the World" at 10 this morning.  We have 10 kids in our home school group and had them all over today to discuss, reinact and/or play games related to our readings for the last couple weeks.  We learned all about how the Mayan's did math.  Ate Incas' chocolate (dark chocolate), had sweet potatoes (just like Christopher Columbus found when he came to the Americas) and reinacted the journey of Magellan.

Since then, we've had a play date day.  Kaia has Jenna Kapscos over, Kienna has Jasper, Saryn has Ava Meeks and Jaymeson has Tyrus.  (Benson is having a really good nap).  It's been fun to have everyone switch things up and to be honest, I think I'm getting more "thinking" time with 9 kids here than I do with 5.

And can I just say how much I love my nephew Tyrus?  He is a 10 year old boy that isn't "too cool" to come and have a play date with his 4 year old cousin that absolutely adores him.  If you ask Jaymeson who Tyrus is, Jay will answer, "He's my best friend!"  And Tyrus plays with him and teaches him to save for his mission and tells him what good manners are.  I just love Jaymeson and Tyrus' friendship!!

Anyway, besides talking your ears off, I also wanted to post a couple random pictures from my iPhone from the last few months to have a nice memory moment.  Enjoy!

Sweet little man fell asleep

Snuggle Time (Getting 'Nuggles)

Brooklyn reading her mission call


Mr Benson snitching - yet again

A puzzle we just finished

2 comments:

Alanna said...

I love the pic of Brooklyn reading her mission call! I might have to steal it for my blog!
And that's cute that Tyrus and Jaymeson are so close... I just Carson could be his best friend :C I know, I know... it's not your family that moved to the other side of the continent.

Beryl Shoekel said...

Love the pictures! Really cute!