"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Being Inspired and Having Dreams Come True!!

So, I read a blog post yesterday about "drops of awesome" and focusing on the positive instead of what you're NOT doing. I was having a tough day and it helped me remember that I was snuggling with my boys and I got the kids to their music lessons etc., I'm doing okay. 

This post inspired me to try something I've been wanting to try for SO long. I have always felt like its not worth trying until I have the time I put in I master I (okay, I might have some perfectionism issues), but I tried it and I got through it!! I played Rimsy-Korsakoff's "The Flight of the Bumblebee" from beginning to end. It may have only been a fraction of the speed, but I made it through and I'm really proud of myself!  This has seriously been a life long DREAM!

This morning I pushed myself again!!  I went out for a run with my sister Brooklyn and got back on the "couch to 5K" program. Felt so good!! Even if it WAS -12 outside. I'm proud of myself!!

I just have to try and get the rest of the day as special for my sweet Kaia (who is TEN years old).

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Flight of the Bumblebee... seriously? That's amazing! And -12 running is no laughing matter either. I'd call these puddles of awesomeness... not drops. Way to go!

Beryl Shoekel said...

Way to go Ash! I'm so proud of you. They say we can't stand still but are either moving forward or backward so it doesn't matter how small or large our efforts are to move forward, we are at least going in the RIGHT DIRECTION.
You are amazing with all you have to do and all you get done, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! and you will reach your goal.
I love you!
Aunty Beryl

stone's eye view said...

Proud o' ya!