"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, January 14, 2013

January, thus far - in reverse.

Courtesy of Facebook again...

January 11th - I've decided that "Empty laundry baskets in empty laundry rooms" would be a song that would be just as full of emotion as the original, but it would be far more full of joy!! All I know is that I'm singing it right now and I am extremely happy!!

January 9th - Organizing my Tupperware cupboard with my boys here may not have been the best idea. They just want to take them out and make towers!

January 7th - I love my son, I love my son, I love my son...

January 4th - My husband is hilarious! Just found this text he sent to my sister on Christmas Eve and had a good laugh.

"Tell TM I'm g2g ( that means good to go, but I didn't want to have to type all that so I wrote "g2g" instead, it's kind of an abbreviation of sorts, so that I can cut down on my typing. Otherwise, I would be typing forever! So, to make a long story short, I just say g2g instead of good to go. Life's too short to waste time typing when you don't need to, you know?) Jarett
 

January 4th - So, we just found a lady bug in our house. Benson is in love... But what do you do with it? Throw it outside and let it die? The kids want to keep it and take care of it until spring. What would you do?!? 


 (update: We ended up keeping the ladybug and calling it "Buggy" because that's what Benson always called it.  Kept in a jar with food and water for a while until the kids took it out and it flew away.  We sure had a LOT of fun with it for about a week though.)

Benson really was SO gentle with the bug.  You can hear him saying, "I'n Hold" and "Come on" in this video.



January 1 - Pushed myself a lot this year and went through a lot of change. Hope to keep moving up and improving. Grateful to be surrounded by fabulous people who make me want to be better daily.

No comments: