"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

thoughts and pictures

We're in the midst of moving.  We've relocated to my moms and we're waiting to do the big move on Saturday.  Note to self:  don't move again unless you have to.  What a pain in the neck.

Home school is wrapping up.  I'm really happy that we get to spend the month of June just having a blast while everyone else is still in school.  We're going to be going on Field Trips multiple times!!  So excited.

I've recently discovered the goodness of thepianoguys.com  If you haven't heard them, look them up on youtube or go to their website.  AMAZING!  Jon Schmidt was actually at an EFY that I went to and I fell in love with his abilities right then and there.  I remember him playing the piano upside down (lying on the piano bench with his head under the piano).  The cellist, however, I've never seen, but boy would I want to!!  This recent discovery has refocused our whole family on music and we're doing better at practicing (despite moving etc).

I got to talk my sister, Kim, on Mother's Day.  She's always so happy and smiling and I really miss her.  She's been sent "outbound" to Louisiana for 3 months.  She seems to really be enjoying both settings for her mission and I know she really loves it!

I'm down 9 pounds!  It's taken forever, but that baby fat is starting to budge.  Here's hoping it stays away!  Now that I'm at my moms house, I will be able to go to the YMCA and start a workout routine.  Jarett is down almost 30 pounds and is inspiring me and I'm determined to keep him strong and try to keep up with him!!  Maybe we'll even be able to go together - I know he'd love that!! ;)  (Jarett hates working out with other people - but he'd be biking and swimming and I'd be running/walking, so I'm sure he'll be okay!)




2 comments:

Beryl Shoekel said...

Congratulations! Ash and Jarett,
Hang in there and keep up the good work. Hope you do have many opportunities to go to the YMCA, not only for this month but continue to go regularly.
Love ya!

Alanna said...

I remember Jon Schmidt at EFY... amazing indeed! I'll have look it up.