"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, January 21, 2011

Thank You Mom!


Reading Christmas Stories

Tobogganing with my kids

As I was flipping through all the pictures through the last couple months, there are only a couple with my Mom in them (7 out of a couple thousand).  As this may not be too surprising for most people, my Mom has been SO involved in my life recently that it took me back a little. 


Visiting Gran in Lethbridge
Making 1 of many dinners
From November 24th - December 11th we LIVED at my moms house.  She ran my kids to and from school, she got up in the night with them, she read them stories, she fed them, she bathed them, she played with them, she cleaned up after them and helped them feel better through multiple spells of the flu.

Snuggle Time
For the rest of December, my Mom may as well have had us living there.  With Christmas coming, she ran 90% of my errands, she watched my kids while I did a couple and she fed us multiple times (not to mention spoiled me rotten on Christmas and my Birthday).  On my birthday, we actually had a Mom/Daughter date going Christmas shopping and had some fun 1 on 1 time.
Bensons blessing

With Mr. Jay
Since Christmas, I haven't seen my mom quite as much.  She has been busy with my sister, Hayley, and her baby, Macy (born December 27th).  Even with that, though, she's been a support over the phone and still watches my kids at least once a week, which frequently includes dinner and has us over for Sunday dinners as well.

So, when I found that she wasn't in hardly any pictures, I was a little surprised.  She really has been working in the background constantly and probably hasn't got the snuggle time with her new grandbabies and/or recognition she deserves.  So this post is for you, Mom, to Thank You! and to let you know that you ARE appreciated and loved.  I sure don't know what I would do without you.

3 comments:

Alanna said...

I know... Mom REALLY is the best!!! I definitely miss having her around.

Jordana said...

Aw, I miss my mom! That's so great you have your mom there for you to help you!

Kimberly Anne said...

Mom is THE BEST!!!! Love you SuperMom!!