"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Cahoon Family - Party Crashers

Yep - my family is pure class... we crash PRIMARY PARTIES!!  Sundance and Midnapore Wards got together and decided to rent out the Okotoks Pool.  Since both of our parents are in Sundance and Jarett has a sister in each of those wards, we felt entitled (well, and they invited us) to go and crash.  And BOY did we have a blast!!  Saryn was so happy to play just by herself in the shallow end while Kaia and Kienna went off the crazy deep-end slide over and over again.  Jaymeson chickened out (he's been getting a little nervous of heights recently, but apparently it extends to swimming pools) and just clung to Jarett and ended up staying in/on the edge of the Hot Tub for the majority of the time.  I visited with the other ladies that were kicking it on the sidelines and took care of Benson.  We're going to have to make it a tradition to crash more parties - we sure had a riot!

















4 comments:

Alanna said...

Look at those wild girls go!!!! So fun!

PS I noticed your new car seat cover in the fabric I picked out. Do you like it????? Gran and Aunty Beryl never cease to amaze me. Here I was thinking that they might not have gotten around to it with broken hips and all but... I should have known better.

Kristy said...

wow haven't seen u'r blog in awhile, quite a few posts.

we like to crash other ward activities too :p

I love taking my kids to the pool, they have a blast and it tires them out! we usually go to the ymca shawnessy as it has a awesome kiddy pool

Kimberly Anne said...

Crazy girls!! What fun. I remember going to the Okotoks pool for mutual activities and stuff too. I actually chipped my front tooth on the side of that pool, so make sure your girls are careful (at least with their adult teeth!!!)

Beryl Shoekel said...

This looks like it was such a fun party. I am so impressed at how Kaia and Kienna will jump into the deep end and seem to enjoy the water so much, that's wonderful!! I think the more exposed children are to the water and swimming activities the less fear they have and it is easier for them to learn to swim.
I guess I am partial to the water because I have always thought it to be a wonderful fun activity. I remember when I was little and we went to the beach I would be in the water constantly, most of my friends liked to swim for a while and then sun bathe but I couldn't get enough of the water and couldn't waste time sitting out on the sand.
Again! I enjoyed seeing the pictures.
Love ya!