"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, September 11, 2009

A Whole New Basket of Thoughts....

First of all, I want to thank every person for expressing their views in the last two posts. It is very fun to hear so many opinions and I can see every view point I have heard. So thank you, it's fun to hear from everyone. They say that if you want to steer clear of contention, avoid talking about religion or politics. I can see why after writing those blogs. So I digress and I stick to something less contentious.....laundry baskets.

It is difficult to think of any cons in reference to laundry baskets. Of course, they aren't free....but the price can be reasonable. There are multiple shapes and colours of baskets, some are customized to fit your hip, some are just small round ones, but whatever your laundry basket - all have a few WONDERFUL things in common.

1. They can carry laundry in them.
2. They are easier to use than carrying your laundry in your arms.
3. They are made of plastic that is strong (for the most part).
3. They can be used to organize closets, cupboards and transport things of all sorts.
4. They can be turned into vast imaginary objects: trucks, boats, swimming pools, hot tubs, bath tubs, tents, barbie houses, animal traps, pony castles, stages, jail cells....the list goes on and on.

This summer, my kids sure had a lot of fun with the huge variety found at my moms house. I had 3 sisters who brought home laundry baskets from college, my mom has a few varieties around the house and of course, we had a couple too. Poor Jaymeson was frequently the animal in the animal trap, the object to be transported or the person to be bathed. Saryn was a volunteer too... Regardless, fun was had by all!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

cute post! I just had to add to your list of quality uses for a Laundry Basket... A baby bassinet! When my third baby was born we lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment down near the university, mark and I slept in the one room, our "living room" doubled as my kids room and the new baby slept in a sparkling white brand new laundry basket!!! (it helped that he only weighed 5 lbs, full term and healthy!!)

Alanna said...

Cute pictures! Hurray for laundry baskets!

Unknown said...

way cute pictures my dear! Wish I had some cute little critters like yours to catch in my laundry basket :)