"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Little Dude....

Just an update on Little Dude (aka Jaymeson). I wrote before the the doctor thought he had Asthma. He has improved amazingly since the treatment and has rid himself of his brutal cough/breathing abilities. His eczema, however, has flared up ridiculously and he is randomly throwing up all morning some mornings (while having his sweet little smiley face) as though clearing something out of his system. He's up all night and I constantly catch him rubbing his elbow on anything and everything he can to get the itch out. Then comes the batting of the ears... he's swinging at them and rubbing them and they're driving him crazy. He's screaming at night and it's just no end. I bring him in to the doctor (due to Jarett and Kienna I am really paranoid about ear infections) and - no ear infection. It looks irritated, but no infection (same as about a week before when we did our 9 month physical)... he asks if there are any allergies in my family. Courtesy of my father, we have seasonal allergies, but no one in my family has them really. No real food allergies, but there's always a start, right? Anyway, so he sends us to do blood work for an allergy test (note to self, a 10 month old getting blood work done is NOT a favorite past time....especially with two other kids in tow). He'll call us if there's anything that shows up. While we're drawing blood, the stupid nurse missed his vein because - oh, she couldn't see it. Finally after 4 or 5 attempts (imagine Jaymeson screaming his head off here and I have to hold him still...) she decides to call another nurse who gets it in the other arm the very first try without making Little Dude flinch or anything. Some nurses seriously just have "the touch". Anyway, we're now awaiting the results... but he was vomiting all morning again... sounds like he's pretty miserable?? Check it out!
Nope, he's pretty much tough as nails...I love this Little Dude



On a different note.....
CONGRATS TO ALANNA
having her baby (another little dude) today at 7 lbs 8 oz in less than 30 minutes flat!
Name and pictures to come...

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Ohhhhh, he's a cutie! Poor little fella. I hope they figure out what's wrong with him!

And in other news-

Whaaaaat?

Other people's pregnancies go so fast for me. Is 30 minutes even enough time to get to a hospital?

Anonymous said...

poor you, sleepless night! and congrats to alana and YOU LOOK AMAZING! WOW whats your secret

Cindy Anderton said...

As a certified phlebotomist they are only allowed to attempt 3 tries before they are required to have someone else draw blood... just a note for next time when they are using your son as a pin cushion!

Kim Hughes said...

Ashley,

I feel like you just wrote a blog entry about Henry.

He's actually getting tested today for a bunch of things including allergies.

A couple months ago, after 3 ear infections in 2 months, 3 bouts of antibiotics, vomiting from congestion...being on a vaporizer inhaler thingy...I decided to take him off milk and give him soy. My sister told me about milk sensitivities being connected to ear infections. Anyways, since, he's been much better...not perfect but better.

I hope you can find answers to help your little dude. Wish me luck at the lab!

Marilee said...

Cute way of putting it. Is she alright? Poor thing, I would have died! Brad said that she carried on with the evening just fine so hopefully it was nothing.....more dates?

Laura Leavitt said...

he is so cute
It sounds like allergies....but I am not a Dr.Carter had to be on an inhaler for a bit and got bed eczeme as well. I am still trying to clear it up. SO crummy. I hope J gets feeling better. He looks so happy. What a cutie.

stone's eye view said...

Cute new top picture thingy. I am sure there is a word for it, just not sure what it is.

Alysha Sladek said...

poor little guy. hope everything's ok!! keep us posted. love the pics at the top - super cute! congrats to alanna - that's soooo exciting!

Alanna said...

That's a great picture of Jaymeson! What a trooper. I love your new header too! I keep meaning to change mine using that photo shoot. Maybe I'll do that now.