"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Aunty Lella's Wedding

As many people realized, this year 09/09/09 was a special day, but it was special for another reason in our family. Jarett's sister Marella got married to Dey. My girls were unofficial flower girls and had a blast! 10 days later, we went down to Calgary for the reception and stayed up late dancing and having so much fun.
Congrats Marella and Dey!

My girls in curlers the night before.
We had to have them wrapped up in a bandana to make it stay in...


Jaymeson sporting his bowtie!

All the girls (neices of Marella) watching through the temple window waiting for her to come out.

The oldest and the youngest grandsons. Tyrus is so good with Jaymeson.

The only way to get boys to focus on a picture is to say SPIDERMAN!!
Jaymeson might have been a little confused...





Kaia was climbing up in the temple window while waiting for Marella. We've talked about this since to make sure she knows that's probably not the best choice of activities in a sacred place.



Isn't Marella beautiful?!? Lucky Dey!









The Reception - 09/19/09


Saryn was dancing like crazy. She's so funny.

The Cahoons getting down!

Grandpa Bucey dancing with Kaia and Marvel.

The oldest girls of each family. These girls danced hard all night long!
Kindred took a turn in the break dancing circle. Laughed my head off!

Jarett and his mommy! He's obviously proud of having her on his arm...





Bucey was a highly demanded dancing partner!


This was completely candid. She was just super excited!




I love how good of an Aunt Marella is - down on the floor on her knees in her wedding dress.


Kaia and Marvel danced almost the whole night. Isn't it great to have older cousins to play with?

Taysia! This girl was 3 when I first met her and I can't believe how old she's getting.
Love this picture. Jaymeson is SO spoiled with attention whenever his cousins are around.

Logan Dj'd the wedding. He is one of my close friends growing up. We've known eachother since Grade 2. I had no idea that he'd be there. It's a small world after all....

I was walking around and Kipp took my camera and just took a picture of me and Jaymeson. It turned out pretty good. Thanks Kipp!


These next few pictures were taken in the "secret room" where the girls would all run off to to hide from their moms. They had little baskets of candy that they brought around to everyone. After a while, they decided to ditch out and just eat all the candy. Erin totally busted them and got the wedding photographer. Those pictures will be awesome!



I totally remember doing this with my Sunday Dress...





It was SUCH a fun reception and it was awesome to see them get married. It was the first time with all the Cahoon kids in the Temple. It was an awesome experience!! Congrats Marella and Dey. I wish you all the happiness in the world!

5 comments:

Alanna said...

Looks like a great time! I love the shot of Kienna dancing all excited and one of Jaymeson with someone's hand by his head...well there's a few actually! Congrats to Marella and Dey...sorry I missed the reception! I would have loved to be there if I hadn't had a baby 4 days old.

Unknown said...

Marella is soo beautiful and in a simplistic way that is so elegant. I love the little outfits the girls are in. Your babies are beautiful and getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Pictures!! Thanks!
-g

Andrea said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Sad I didn't run into you on your busy day down down here in Cardston! If you're ever down & have some time let me know!!

Alysha Sladek said...

looks like it was a blast. love the dresses and the colors!