"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, September 19, 2014

Parent Teacher Conferences

I've never enjoyed Parent Teacher Conferences so much.  Mostly because I got "the dish" on Jaymeson.  He is HILARIOUS!

In addition to the stories I heard before, I learned:

1.  My son has no lack of confidence - but maybe a lack of patience.  They were handing out books at the appropriate reading levels.  As he has recently really gone far with reading, they didn't have a book ready for him.  "Miss Roy, can I take one of these books?"  "Not yet Jaymeson, I don't have one for you."  "Well, I'm waiting!"

2. My son is thoughtful.  While playing outside, he asked Miss Roy to lift him up onto one of the structures.  As she was about to lift him up he said, "Wait, are you pregnant?"  Clearly, he has learned that pregnant people shouldn't lift - and that there's been a lot of them around, so, clearly, they can be anywhere.

3.  My son has superpowers.  "Miss Roy, can I be invisible today?"  "No Jaymeson, sorry.  I need to see you during the day."  "I promise I'll still get all my work done."  "Sorry.  I just really need to see you."  Later that day, he was heading down the hallway.  "Miss Roy, did you know that I can run so fast that I can turn invisible?"  "No, why don't you show me?"  "Okay!"  Then he proceeded to run down the hall as hard as he possibly could.

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Those are hilarious. I love the pregnant one. Usually the more thoughtful people restrain themselves on asking that one. But in Jaymeson's case it reversed.