"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Jaymeson is...

Jaymeson has really been discovering thing like you can be "cute" and "Jaymeson" at the same time.  It's been interesting.  He's now realizing he can have nick names, and hobbies and other things that define him.  For example, the following story happened when my Dad was driving Jaymeson and I around making deliveries on Christmas Eve.

Me:  Hey, Lovebug, you need to sit down so I can buckle you up!
Jaymeson looks at my Dad and says:  My name's Lovebug!  (pause)  I'm a cowboy!








I loved this.  It was so connected in his mind that these were definitions of who he was.  The other day, Jarett and I were playing Scrabble for date night.  Then, in strolls Jaymeson, all sneaky.  Jarett says to him, "Jay, are you being a bad boy?"  Jaymeson's response was "No, not a BAD boy, I'm a BIG boy!"  Jarett said, "Oh, you're a big boy?"  Without hesitations Jaymeson says, "Yep, look at my feet!"  He's so proud of how big he's getting (yet another identity).




 So, we have established that he's a cowboy, named Lovebug who is a big boy...  You still with me? Good.  Because today, however, he announced to me, "Mom, I'm not a cowboy anymore, I'm a SUNBEAM!"

His first day in Sunbeams went well, he sure seemed to love it!  He's been so proud talking all day about how he's now a big boy sunbeam.

He's so cute when he's excited!!
He was also Joseph for our Christmas Eve nativity pageant.  So darling!!
(and of course, Jarett was the... um, "donkey" :)  )

We'll keep you informed with all his other "identities" as they come, but I sure love this sweetheart of a boy.

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Wow! I can't believe he is a Sunbeam! I remember Jack becoming a Sunbeam in that ward so little time ago.
And love that he says that his "name" is Lovebug. Ha ha!

Hayley said...

I was thinking the same thing as Alanna. Really...he's a sunbeam!?!? Wow! He sure is cute!

Brooklyn Marie Mullen said...

oh that manly cowboy name. Luvebug. Can't beat it. Cute post :)