"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, January 16, 2012

Hmmm.

This week has been a crazy one.  Started out with Benson throwing up on our dinner guests.  They were soon excused to go home when Jarett started pacing the floor because he was soon to follow.  Monday, it was Kaia (who was so sweet because she felt so bad that Jarett had to clean it up while I was out on errands, and he was home sick from work).  Tuesday, it was Jaymeson.  Then on Friday, I got a whole other bug that took me out for the weekend. 

We also got back to school this week and started into a schedule again.  It feels heavenly to have set times and places to be.  Just takes a lot of discipline to get it into gear.

I am doing a challenge with Sachie for the month of January, and we're only having 3 normal sized desserts a week - or it's $50 to the other person.  I tell you, it makes you think twice before you put that cookie in your mouth if it's going to cost you $50.  So far, I'm down 4 pounds.  Not the extreme difference I wanted, but it feels good either way.

I had a moment this week which made me proud of myself.  My theory students (my first set) did their exams last month and after 6 weeks of waiting, I found out that they all received Honors with Distinction (93, 94, 97 and 99)!!  I think I was more nervous for their grades than I was for my own back in the day.  It's a lot of responsibility to be a teacher and train people for an exam.  I was so relieved to hear that all their hard work paid off and I didn't lead them astray.

Well, I realize this is NOT a particularly exciting, interesting or creative blog post, but it is here for the week.  I'm living up to the goal (thanks to some coaching and encouragement).  I was hoping to do more than this, but it's something, right?  I'm still not 100%, so I'm going to head to bed.  I'm so grateful for a generous, loving Visiting Teacher who brought me a pot of soup today to feed my family!  I am also grateful for my mom who is just amazing.  She had the girls sleep over last night (after she threw a little birthday party for Kaia) so that I could have a break and sleep better.  It's good women like that that make other women push through their rough patches.

Here's to a good night's sleep and a productive week!

4 comments:

Kamry Low said...

I'm on a weight loss eating better journey as well! Sounds like you're doing great! 4 pounds is awesome!!! What are you doing? Hope you're all 100% soon!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

sorry to hear you've all been so sick. That was us during the holidays. Sadly it was a lame week off of school, but oh well. Hope you feel better soon.
4 pounds is great. I can't wait to get started on the weight loss. I feel like a whale! ugh. Guess the 4 Twix bars in one day doesn't help either...

Alanna said...

Love you $50 dollar deal! I hope the pounds keep coming off. I'm sure a stomach bug doesn't hurt the weight loss either... ha ha! But probably isn't the best method! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Brittany said...

Get better Ashley!