"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Today

When all else fails (with blogs or journals), start with today.  This advice has saved me many times from ignoring my journal and blog.  Unfortunately, both are being somewhat neglected these days... but, ahem!!

I am writing in my blog today about today, because today is today and I know what happened today... and we wouldn't want to be repetitive.

So, today is a glamorous day.  Laundry, dishes, bed making, bathroom cleaning.... the works!  I've even changed out of the clothes that I was wearing because they were spat up on and I REALLY didn't want to do more laundry later... SO.... I take a moments break (literally a moment) and sneak one spoonful of ice cream.  (What did women do before they had ice cream readily available??)

Of course, that's when it happened.  "MOM, come take a picture of us!!"
They had been playing very nicely all day and I always like taking pictures, right?  So, I grab the camera and walk around the couch to where they are sitting - IN the laundry basket that WAS full of neatly folded laundry.  Serves me right, I suppose.  I should've put the laundry away immediately instead of waiting for the next load and doing it all at once.  I also shouldn't have had my spoonful of ice cream.  Sigh.  It's a cute picture though, right?  Complete with all the (until recently) folded laundry!


I suppose, I COULD move on to last night, I still remember that one too (I know, you're super impressed).  'Twas a night like many others... except different, of course.  Nothing ever is exactly the same when you have 5 kids.  It was like many others because:  Jarett was working late and I had no dinner plans.  SO, this night I decided to spice things up.  We'd put on a movie that we got from the library (Alice in Wonderland), have popcorn for dinner along with lettuce, cucumber, carrots and dip.  They loved it!  We had a pajama dinner party and then off to bed.  Jaymeson is getting very sad being the only one in his room while all his guys are having a "party" in the other room.  So, last night, Benson was tired and I let Jay snuggle Bens (aka "Kicky"-he just doesn't stop kicking or "Bensubee" (what Jaymeson called SUV's)).  He was in heaven to have company.  I might just have to let Benson sleep in the boys room instead of ours soon.  Doesn't he look so happy?

and a special kiss for a special brother.  Jaymeson was also thrilled that they both had monkeys on their Jammers.  I mean, how cool is that?  I can't wait until these boys can play together!


Okay, I'll even venture out to Sunday.  Mothers Day.  I had SUCH a fabulous day.  It actually started the day before.  Jarett cleaned the house for me when he got home from work (as he had promised) so that I could REALLY enjoy a day with my kids.  I was able to practice piano while he cleaned after a day of painting and playing and dancing (yes, Alanna, I let my kids PAINT!!).  Then I woke up to breakfast in bed (usually not a surprise, but this time, I actually got to sleep in!) and some wonderful presents handmade by the kids.  Jarett (aka, I) went and got the purse I've been really wanting and so I get to have it guilt free!  Got chocolate at church and had the Visiting Teaching conference with treaters at the end!!  Then I had a fabulous dinner (courtesy of the men) with some of my favorite people.  My Mom, my Mother-in-law and my sister, Hayley (her first Mothers Day) and their husbands (along with Patrick and Macy who don't fit in either of those groups).  The husbands went all out and made steak, mushrooms, zucchini, baked potatoes, salad, apple crisp and punch.  It was so much fun to be treated like a queen and to be surrounded by such wonderful company!  Hayley took out my camera for the first time this month and we took some fun pictures.  Enjoy~







PS - I enjoyed this video and a few more of Hilary Weeks videos...

4 comments:

Kamry Low said...

Happy Mother's Day. I love the photo of the boys in the "boys" room. How cute!

Marilee said...

You are one busy momma!

Nope, we are home from CA. It was a fun filled week that is for sure. Glad you are back to the blogging world.

Alanna said...

Sorry bout the laundry being unfolded. I'm proud of you for taking the picture (and for letting your kids paint).
Popcorn for dinner!! Ha ha! I love it. Although I think you should have phrased it "salad" for dinner with popcorn on on the side to go with the movie. It's all about the spin you put on it :D
That pic of the boys in bed is SOOO adorable.
I loved seeing all the pics... except I hate the fact that I feel the need to look at your blog to know what everyone in my family looks like these days. sigh.
I know. I know. I should move to Seattle.

Delcia said...

It really was such a nice day!! But Alanna...Seattle just isn't close enough!!!