"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Part of our Countdown

When we realized that we only had a few months left in Edmonton, we felt sad at all that we have had at our fingertips and neglected.  We found the multi-play pass (a pass to all the attractions at West Edmonton Mall) and got the 3 months package.  Starting at the end of January, we have been going to West Ed twice a week (unless out of town) and thoroughly enjoying it!  The kids have LOVED Galaxyland and the Waterpark.  They have gone down into the "Sea Caverns" and seen Penguins, sharks, sea turtles, penguins, lizards and many other kinds of fish.  We've caught the Sea Lion Show, gone Glow-in-the-dark-mini-golfing and plan on still doing more.  Bowling is on our agenda soon and bumper boats and perhaps ice skating.  My cousin has met us there with her little boy a few times and we've thoroughly enjoyed having them there as well.  As I have many pictures that have accompanied these many trips to the mall, I've gone through and picked some of my favorites!  I hope you enjoy the pictures even half as much as we've enjoyed the trips!!

At Galaxyland:

 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
   
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
   
  

   
  
One of the many perks - we go when there are absolutely NO lines.
We walk onto the ride and we're the ONLY ones on the ride!
  
  
  

 

And at the Waterpark:
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
We're too cheap to spend $7 on a locker rental, so this is what we look like in the waterpark :)

9 comments:

Laura Leavitt said...

Last picture is so funny. Looks like you are having a great time. Your pictures look really good.I can tell your new camera is great.

Mackenzie Richards said...

I was thinking that stroller looked a bit overloaded :) So fun! I've been wanting to take the girls to West Ed for quite a while, but have never gotten around to it :( Perhaps soon. And Saryn looks so big in her swimming pictures.

Alanna said...

Do some people actually spend SEVEN dollars on a locker??? Or are there piled strollers everywhere? Ridiculous!!

Cute pics Ash! Hope to join you there soon!! It was fun to see Ally's little guy... what a cutie!! I mean your kids are adorable too... but I just get to see them more often. Should I stop now?

Alysha Sladek said...

seriously how did we not find out about that sooner???? sooo smart and FUN! totally jealous!
and the story about Kienna.... awesome. so cute!

Marilee said...

Know what you mean. We wished we had gone to DisneyLand more and just last week Michelle wondered why we never went to Hearst Castle. Live it up while you can!

Brittany said...

So fun! I want to come visit! Can we arrange that?

Brittany said...

When I was looking at the pictures I remembered when Saryn was little and didn't like the water. Do you remember that? I'm glad she grew out of that

Calgary Legal Real Estate Blog said...

You never mentioned that Kaia and Kienna are tougher than we are when it comes to rides. they always want to go on the Ocean Motion boat ride, and the grownups feel sick everytime.

Unknown said...

That is so much fun. I love the idea of the passes. I too would pack up the stroller, $7 is way too much.