"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jarett always makes me laugh

I realize that this story only can appeal to a certain 'niche' of people, but I think it's too hilarious not to write.

Every Friday night Jarett and I have a date.  Usually, it consists of nachos, pizza or popcorn and a movie at home.  As Jarett and I have both been reading Gone With the Wind and Jarett's on a HUGE Civil War kick right now, I chose that as the movie.  We were to the point that Scarlett is at that Atlanta Bazaar and she dances with Rhett Butler.  I'm all in butterflies and I laugh when Aunt Pitty faints, but Jarett begins HOWLING.  I mean, it's funny, but not that funny.  Little did I know, he was comparing these images in his head:

 Now I understand.  You can see where the inspiration for Mugatu came from, eh?

5 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

hahahahahahha that is funny!!!! i didn't make it through the movie. still need to watch it... one day!

Brittany said...

Mugatu and Aunt Pitty... hehehe... I love it

Alanna said...

When you started talking Gone with the Wind, I was thinking "Oh good...I'm so in the niche"... but you lost me with Mugatu! So even though I've never seen the guy before, I have to give Jarett credit for an excellent and unlikely match!!

Hayley said...

It really is a very small niche. The "Gone with the Wind/Zoolander" type... the pictures make it even better then it was in my head...haha

Delcia said...

What can I say...only Jarrett...."my smelling salts"...(gasp)