"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Little Groundhog

Yesterday I saw over 5 firetrucks in the afternoon all going in different directions.  When I saw #5 I said to Kaia:

"Wow, that's a lot of fires today!"
"Yeah - I saw some at recess today too!  It's kind of a good thing though."
"Really, why?"
"Well, if the sun is closer to the earth it makes things warmer and that might make some houses get on fire....and that means that spring is coming!"

Oh yeah, of course?!?  I didn't associate house fires with the coming spring.  I guess we don't need a groundhog anymore...

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Very logical... haha.

Delcia said...

Somehow the groundhog seems to be a somewhat safer approach to determining the arrival of spring...

Alanna said...

Agree with mom there. I actually thought for a second there that she was going to get into global warming with the "making things warmer" business or something... not sure why. So I was relieved to know something else is taught at those schools... even if it is nonsense stuff like that house fires predict the spring???? Yeah!