"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Deeper Updates

I've noticed that, although I've been better at posting random little things, I have seriously neglected some of the bigger things going on around here.  Mostly, this is due to the fact that I've been using my nice camera to capture the more important and precious things and I've been too lazy to put those on the camera and write about them.  The "every day" stuff, I can use my phone and update from there.  Sigh.  Anyway, I hope to do 3 posts to catch you up to the last three months.  Today - September!

SEPTEMBER

My kids had their first day of school.  We, of course, had to stand by the "new" van that we got back in March to mark the occasion. (Jarett is beyond excited about this van and wants to make this a yearly tradition.)  We knew it would be a good year when it started with a hot air balloon about 3 blocks from our house!  The kids were excited to all be in school and they love their teachers.  I'm loving having some special time with just me and the two youngest - although I really do miss them terribly.










We went to Banff for a day, but I'll do a different post for that as there are just a million pictures.


We also had a CRAZY snowfall in September.  These pictures don't even capture half of it.  This was just after about an hour of the snow that ended up falling for about two days.  There is so much damage around Calgary that it's costing the city millions of dollars to repair/clean-up the mess.  So many trees collapsed from the weight of the snow because they hadn't lost their leaves yet.  It was insane!

Speaking of insane...  we have a lot of fun with it around our house.  We also have bathtime and bedtime - which isn't so different from the other crazy time we have.  I DO love seeing Jarett read to the kids and say prayers with them.  Benson always wants to perch on Jarett's back to say his prayers.  Seeing Lanaya in the Elephant Towel has made me super sentimental.  All six of my kids have used that towel.  It's looking a little worn out, but I still love it and just had to do a few photoshoots in it.






The two biggest events of this month were by FAR Saryn being baptized and Cayley being born.  Saryn was baptized on the 20th and Cayley joined us exactly one week later.  I was so proud of my big girl getting baptized!  She was so happy and said something along the lines of, "Mom, I feel cold, but so warm!" when she got out of the font.  She was so happy, she was glowing.  It was such a special day.  One of these days/years, I'll finish the baptism quilt that we started that day.  We had people come over afterwards for appetizers and dessert and enjoyed all the family around us!












The Three Canadian Babies - We miss you Kalli!!




1 comment:

Alanna said...

Kalli misses you too!!!! Soooo much... almost cried seeing those last pics.
Saryn looks beautiful on her special day... love you!