"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Boys Bedtime

Most kids thrive on a consistent schedule/routine at bedtime.  My boys have NOT had that with the whole pregnancy/new baby/post c-section/family reunion and general goings on.  Tonight, however, I put them to bed on my own again.  It made me laugh that they so quickly remember and want to go back to the silly traditions that we had a few weeks ago.

We, of course, get in jammies, brush teeth, go potty and say prayers.  Books are read and then I tuck them in.  For many a year, I would then give them a kiss, say "I love you boys!! Have a good night!" And then leave.  The kiss has grown, however, into two kisses.  Then "Eskimo kisses" (nose rub)... then two.  Of course, we had to have two hugs too...
Then I may have added a couple little spankings - just for fun.  

The boys specified that tonight they needed the whole thing.  Two hugs, two kisses, two Eskimo kisses and two spanks.  Twice.

This might end up being a VERY long ritual by the time we stop adding things on.

No comments: