"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween!

With Halloween on a Sunday this year, we ended Halloween early after a Halloween dance on Thursday and a Trunk or Treat at the church on Friday.  It was SO much more peaceful to be over at the cousins house and enjoying family instead of hoarding candy on Sunday night.  We really enjoyed ourselves and it was nice to have a slightly smaller amount of candy (well, from MY perspective).

We get a fun Halloween Gingerbread house from Granni Cahoon every year to decorate with a TON of candy.  It was fun to have Daddy around this year.  We're used to him having Mid-terms and Finals to worry about.


At the dance:  There was a long line-up, so I grabbed a few shots.  We sure had fun dancing with the kids... even though I got a few odd stares when I had Jay sitting on my stomach and still dancing with the girls.  I'm not sure how else you balance 5 kids?!?

 Jaymeson wasn't feeling his best, teething is never fun - even on halloween.  Once he stripped out of his hot, hot costume, he sure got some big smiles as he danced up a storm...


The ward trunk-or-treat had a lot of people!  We sure had fun.  If only I remembered to take some pictures.  We got all dolled up for it and the girls ran from trunk to trunk getting candy and compliments at the speed of light.  Jaymeson wasn't quite sure what was going on at first, but after the 2nd trunk and the 2nd candy put in his bag, he was walking up to EVERYONE lifting up his bag and saying, "Tanks!".  It was really fun to see him learn the Halloween goodness...







How can a girl hear music and not dance with her Dad?!?  
So glad my kids have a fun Dad to do these things with!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

It is so much fun to see the girls in these familiar costumes that I love! They look great! It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I miss all of you so much and I can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Alanna said...

Oh, they look so cute. There's something about that Bo Peep costume in particular... brings you back!
And a Halloween dance?? How fun?

Alysha Sladek said...

sooo fun!! I love Halloween!

Anonymous said...

looks lik fun! jealous you got a dance!

Jordana said...

Cute costumes, and I love the halloween gingerbread house, what a fun idea!

Kimberly Anne said...

Love the costumes... oh the memories :) and also it's so fun to see Kaia wearing my romantic tutu from competition... Aww!! What a fun Halloween!!! Love you all!!!

Beryl Shoekel said...

The kids look so cute in their Halloween costumes and they look like they had such a fun time.
I love seeing all the pictures.