"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, June 21, 2010

Elbow Falls

We took advantage of one of the few nice days so far this year and we headed out to Elbow Falls in Kananaskis Country to enjoy nature and have a nice wiener roast.  I must confess that I had the grumps that day and I find that I don't have as much patience with kids to get nice pictures when I have the grumps, so this is my best product.  We walked the falls first (there weren't any picnic tables) and then we searched for a picnic table again.  Still no luck.  After a LONG time, we finally got one and really enjoyed our little outing.  It was fun to have Mom and Dad, Alanna and Dustin and their crews along (well, technically it was their idea... so it was nice of them to invite us along).  The kids sure slept well after all this!!

This was before the kids got tired and hungry.  The rest are wandering around and taking the hike.  It really was a LOT of fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds fun, i miss calgary for that reason, the mountains and such so close by

Hayley said...

Fun! It was a year ago we were all there! Woah! Cute pictures.

Alanna said...

Thanks for joining us. It was fun. AND thanks for posting on it. Now I feel less pressure... since it's been documented somewhere. If I'd blogged about it, I would have been a LOT more whiny about how ridiculously long it took to get a picnic table with a fire pit... and those people who "were about to start theirs" that had been there forever playing cards. etc. So good for you on losing the grumps by the time you posted!

Beryl Shoekel said...

I love the pictures, the kids look so cute. I am glad you ended up having a good time. It is so fun in the summer to just pick up and go for a picnic somewhere. Summer is so short that we need to take advantage of doing that while we can.