"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Genetics

If any of you have really looked at my husband or fathers back, you would KNOW that Jaymeson had no chance of being evenly proportioned.  Considering that my Dad is 6'4" and has a 32" inseam and Jarett is 6'1" with a 30" inseam, it really comes as no surprise that Jaymeson wears 12 month pants that are loose and 24 month shirts that fit just right. 

What made this noticeably funny to us was when Kienna pointed out, "Mom, Jaymeson has legs like a Backyardigan!"

For those of you who don't have the honor of knowing who the backyardigans are, I have added a picture.


Taking note of their proportions, you can see my own little backyardigan...


PS - I have about 4 blog posts that are just unfinished.  I'm not sure how I'm going to finish those and pack and move in the next week/month.  There may be a break in my blog, but I'm going to TRY and update as frequently as possible!

9 comments:

stone's eye view said...

That was very astute of her! I can totally see the resemblance.

stone's eye view said...

PS. Is Jarett really that tall?

Beryl Shoekel said...

Jaymeson doesn't look anything like a Backyardigan, he's way too cute.
I love the picture of him shoveling the snow. It's hard to think of him growing up so quickly.
Love you all!

Alanna said...

Hooray for the Backyardians!!! I love them. But if Jaymeson becomes the 6th... he'll definitely be cutest!

Jordana said...

Haha, I love Kienna's comment, that's hilarious! Good luck with the packing and moving!

Hayley said...

I love that Kienna noticed that. haha. I can't believe that you are moving this week! I wish I could be there to help!

Mackenzie Richards said...

We are VERY familiar with Backyardigans in our house. From now on I will think of Jaymeson when we watch it :)

Anonymous said...

Just so you know...
Your mom and I decided that we are going on holiday to Utah during your move.
-g

Alysha Sladek said...

hahah that's hilarious!
good luck with the move. wow did that ever come fast