"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Silence isn't always golden...

I know that any Mom of a 2 year old knows this. All the kids decided to wake up at 6:30 this morning. So I've been dealing with some "happy" kids today. Nap time rolls around and as I was upstairs putting Jaymeson to bed, I heard Kaia and Kienna playing. I noticed, however, a lack of Saryn voices. As soon as I could, I went downstairs to see what she might be up to. I was shocked, she wasn't being naughty at all. I only got to the landing on the stairs when I found her - totally asleep. What a little angel.



Okay, so that was a HUGE relief. I ran to get my camera and took those pictures. As I went downstairs to take the second one, however, I noticed something amiss. See if you can spot it when you look at her face.....
Hmmm, the evidence lead to the kitchen... my mom has sprinkles for cakes and cupcakes that she keeps in her lazy-susan. They magically made it all over the floor. So I had to sweep them up...


Then I go to pick her up and move her to her bed and I notice her sock...it was covered in sprinkles....lovely. So I track her steps and clean those up.


Then I realize that one of her socks has remnants of her diaper on it. (I noticed this by taking a close up picture, but realized you probably wouldn't want to see it). I changed her diaper and wiped her down and she managed to sleep through most of it. I noticed her hands were wonderful too! How special.


Anyway, I was shocked that she sleeped through it all....and she's still asleep - either that or she's being too quiet. Hmmm, maybe I should go check. I've already had one too many reminders that silence isn't golden today.

6 comments:

Cindy Anderton said...

That kid is hilarious, man she will regret this when you show them off at her wedding

Jolanda said...

Ah, yes, I know exactly what kind of day you were having. Unfortunately my kids wake up EVERY day at 6 or 6:30am No Matter What! So cute that she slept through it all. Wouldn't it be interesting to have our kids play together....the sneakiness would be too much!

Alanna said...

Cute story Ash! I love the whole, one thing leads to another and the then whole story unfolds...backwards.
Yeah Jo, my kids wake up that early EVERY DAY too! No fair!

Ashley Smith said...

Sometimes you just can't go any farther withought a nap eh?

Camilla said...

Love this post1 Saryn is what we would affectionately call "Destructo" in our house. Thankfully she slept through it all!

Hayley said...

What a goof. Lucky she's was sleeping when you found her and looking like an angel!