"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Once Upon a Time


This must have been taken in around 1984. I was just surprised how much I look like one of my kids... can you guess which one? I was also surprised that my parents actually had dark hair once upon a time...

Another picture of us when we were little (probably 1987).  I don't know who I look like here.  I can actually see little bits of all my girls in this one.  Alanna, however, looks a lot like Jarom (for those of you who know who I'm talking about).  Still loving the dark hair - although it's already lightening.  Which of my girls do you see here?

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Too fun - this makes me want to post some oldies too.

Cindy Anderton said...

Hey I didn't know Saryn was alive in '84? It is weird to see your dad with dark hair and looking svelte.

Alanna said...

I do kind of look like Jarom, don't I? Umm, I can see Saryn in the first one, but in the second one you look to me like...just Ashley. Imagine that...Probably cuz I remember you looking like that. However, I don't remember Mom looking how she does in either picture. Though I still think of Dad with some dark hair like in pic #2, not all white like he is now. Wierd, eh?

Brandy said...

funny pics... i can't believe how much your kids look like you!

Hayley said...

Alanna looks a ton like Jarom! I can see each of your kids in the second one too...mostly Kienna...but I think mostly I'm with Alanna...it looks like you! ha.

And the most interesting point of these pictures is Mom's hair. I'm impressed by the range of styles she has had over the years ...especially since she hasn't altered the color very drastically...(that is if you ignore the fact that her hair is completely white naturally...)

Camilla said...

I love old family pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Alysha Sladek said...

can't tell where your kids get their looks.... holy smokes your kids are mini YOU!