"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Saturday, May 2, 2009

If at first you succeed.....

You must be Kaia!!


My little girl decided today that she no longer wanted to use training wheels to ride her bike. She immediately got Grandpa Mullen to take off her training wheels and Mom and Aunty Brittany set out to teach her. I ran next to her and balanced the bike while Brittany provided a target to keep focused on.

She didn't go very long at first, but she never fell. She picked it up just like "riding a bike" and she worked hard and now she's riding down the whole length of the block no problem!! I'm so proud of my little girl!

She usually goes more straight than this, but it's the best quality video that we got! But now she's learning how to steer!!

8 comments:

Hayley said...

All grown up! Yay Kaia!

Brittany said...

I'm so proud of Kaia... It took a few days to get the whole thing set up and she was so brave through the entire thing

Alanna said...

Wow! Look at her go! That's amazing! That was a pretty fancy dismount, too...not sure I could have pulled that one off!

Alysha Sladek said...

way to go kaia! that's so exciting!

Heather said...

Impressive! That is quite a feat and I'm amazed she never fell. Way to go, Kaia!

Becky said...

Ok, that is amazing! Way to go Kaia! What a big girl!
I hope that my Sessa will do that this summer. We are getting ready and going for it!

Marvelous Marvel said...

Good job Kaia!

Camilla said...

Marvelous dismount! WOW! Bethany is still tackling the two wheeled beast. We took her training wheels off almost a month ago. Not so as much success yet as Kaia. Whoo hoo for Kaia!