"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Calgary - thus far...

We have been busy, busy, busy. Not necessarily doing crazy busy stuff, but just really enjoying the time here with my family. We've been hitting the sites:

*Calgary Zoo
*Sundance Lake (a few times)
*Lake Bonavista
*Family Birthday Parties

We've also bought season passes to Calaway Park, so we'll be hitting the rides there soon too! Mostly we've been hanging around the house and doing stuff in the backyard. We've been jumping on trampolines and learning to ride bikes and going for walks and runs and having a blast! Jarett's been working for my Dad and really enjoying all that he is learning. It's fun for him to have an opportunity to use all the knowledge that he has gained at school.....and I'm enjoying having him around more often. Anyway, here are some random pictures (and a couple videos) of the last few weeks. I'll have to do posts later with the bigger events (zoo trips and lakes and stuff). But here is the around the house stuff.....

BIG NEWS: Jaymeson is army crawling - he's so close I can't believe it!!


We had Kindred and Jasper over one day....we danced to ABBA and watched a movie.










We have been hanging around the house too...








MORE BIG NEWS: Saryn finally got her Cinderella!! She wet in the potty!!!! She only did it once and has no desire to do it again....but she CAN do it!! HOORAY!!



Today we were at Costco and had some ice cream. I enjoyed the pictures from that too!







Well, I can't stay awake much longer... I'll have to post more tomorrow! I still have to cover Brooklyn going to bed and going to all the lakes and the zoo and all sorts of fun things.

Stay tuned!!

10 comments:

Hayley said...

I want to be at home! The ice cream pictures are sooo cute! I love Saryn's shirt in them.

Alysha Sladek said...

holy smokes your girls are going blonde!! and jaymeson is getting SO big. i LOVE costco ice cream, now i want some :)

Christie said...

Ashley, What fun it has been to pop in and stock your blog :-) Your babies are beautiful! I didn't realize that you two have 4 now. Hope you don't mind my checking things out. :-)

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Lunch sounds so good! My Mom is out of town until I ahve this baby, but as soon as we are settled in I could really go for that! It's been way to long!

I am going to go write it on the calendar so I don't let it slip my mind completely!

Talk to you soon!

stone's eye view said...

That video clip of Jaymeson is so cute!
Cant wait to see you guys again.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Would love to photograph you guys!! That would be a blast!! I already have ideas! It'll have to be end of june or later, but we will totally make that work!!

Alanna said...

Dido Hayley...she basically stole my comment!

Heather said...

Wow, that's a lot of pictures, I'm impressed at what patience you have for loading them :). Very, very cute kids. Congrats on finally being able to give the Cinderella legos!

Marilee said...

It looks like summer up there. So not fair! The leaves on the trees just started showing about three days ago! It has been such a yucky spring here that when we do have a nice-ish day, I wonder if it will stay. So so sad for the END of May!

Mackenzie Richards said...

So since YOU have Calaway passes and WE have Calaway passes, we should go TOGETHER some time. And we should just get our kids together to hang. Thoughts??