"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Best One Yet!

Every Mother's Day comes and goes and I feel recognized and wonderful. I LOVE the primary singing in Sacrament meeting and the flower or chocolates that we get at the end. I LOVE the "breakfast in bed" (I put this in quotes because we have always had early church and so I'm up and at it before the breakfast comes....I usually have to get back in bed so the kids are excited to surprise me). I enjoy being able to pull the "it's Mother's Day" card and get out of making dinner or doing dishes. It's just a fun day.
This Mother's Day, I was expecting nothing. Jarett usually has wonderful intentions, but has to run to the store last minute if I am to get any present. He hadn't ran to the store, so I expected no presents. We're at my parents house, so I didn't expect any breakfast in bed. We were having Stake Conference, so I wasn't expecting to hear my kids sing or get any special gift there. No Relief Society class or any recognition at all.
The night before Mother's Day, I found out my Granny was coming into town and I was excited to be able to spend my mother's day with my mom and my grandmother. Other than that, I had no expectations.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up to my sisters singing "Happy Mother's Day" bringing me a tray of breakfast in bed. It was pancakes with blueberries, hashbrowns, fried ham & eggs and a virgin Margarita and Strawberry Daiquiri. It was wonderful.

The next surprise was incredible. Kaia had got up and made her bed (recruiting her sisters to do so as well) and my sisters all helped my girls get ready for church. I didn't have to do anything.

We went to church and I got to hear my mom and my father-in-law speak (both were incredible talks) followed by some primary children singing a "Mother" song.
"Like sunshine in the morning, that wakens day from night. Like flowers in the springtime, so colorful and bright. Like happy songs of bluebirds that fill the air with cheer. A person bright and lovely is my Mother Dear."
Kaia came back and with tears in her eyes said, "Those things are just like you Mom". What a sweet moment.

My niece, Marvel, turned 12 the day before. We celebrated by having an incredible lunch at their house and then came home . Jarett surprised me with 2 presents (shocking). They were Anne of Green Gables on DVD and Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo and Video editing software. I'm SO excited to try that out. I seriously can't believe how spoiled I was - am! What a great Mothers Day!!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

That so so sweet, it sounds like everyone was rallying for you to have a great day. Jordan is the same with the last minute trips, and he didn't do that this year, but there really was no gift, but my boys were super funny and I got the breakfast in bed (i had to go back to bed) that Ethan ate, and Jordan did get up with the kids after I woke him up lol I Love being a Mom

Hayley said...

Good Mother's day indeed! I'm glad you got spoiled.

April said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's day! You deserve it!

Alysha Sladek said...

sounds like a wonderful day! and wow TWO gifts? that's awesome! ;) love anne of green gables. haven't tried corel, but i'm sure you'll like it.

Alanna said...

Holy smokes! Since when do "sisters" do breakfast in bed for their sister...whose a mom. They better be around for me next year. jk. I'm actually not too surprised. We do have the best sisters in the world!
Glad it was a good one for you Sissa!

Heather said...

Wow. Quite a good Mother's Day, I must say! Gotta love those moments.